Thursday, February 4, 2010

Matthew 25 vs 35-36

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,
I was a stranger and you invited me in,
I needed clothes and you clothed me,
I was sick and you looked after me,
I was in prison and you came to visit me.
Matthew 25 vs 35, 36

this morning, driving to drop off raymak
this scripture stuck in my head
it took on a whole new life to me.

i believe that this is instruction on how
we should treat our children!

my baby girl came into this world naked.....
i clothed her,
she was born hungry and thirsty.....
i nursed her,
she was a stranger to me.....
but i felt like i knew her,
when she is sick...
i take care of her,
hopefully she will never be in prison,
but i would visit her! (lol)
if she is ever imprisoned by
drugs, alcohol, hurt, depression....
i will not leave her alone

for the rest of her life she can come to me
with any of these needs and i will give her the best i have to give!
i will treat her the way i would treat Christ in my home!

children are such precious gifts
i feel like they deserve the best we can give

yes, strangers are also important
yes, we should help everyone
but i think that many people focus on the people
outside their home......
what about the people inside that you see everyday?
the ones that may annoy you? drive you crazy?
not take out the trash?
not pick up their clothes?

i hope that i can always make a point to treat my daughter
no less than i would treat Christ
no less than i would want to be treated
she deserves respect.
she deserves hope.
she deserves love.
she deserves security.
my goal is to give her that!

she is not just a diaper i change, a nose i wipe, etc....
she is a beautiful person that i have created
she is only going to be great if i help her and encourage her!

i love being a mom.....
it is a lot of responsibility......
it is not something i believe should be taken lightly....
to me it is such a wonderful privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment